Saturday, June 29, 2024

Monthly Wrap Up - June 2024

 Here are the books I read this month and a little mini review of each.  If you want to see the full reviews I did of each, click the link and it will take you to my blog where I do full reviews.  Enjoy!


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ - 4 Star Reads


Dungeons and Drama by. Kristy Boyce - musicals, dungeons and dragons, fake dating, friendships, high school romance.  I really enjoyed this one! I feel like the book cover captures this book so correctly. It’s sweet, funny and heart-warming. It’s filled with theater kids and gaming kids and when the two worlds combine it’s so much fun!



The Unmaking of June Farrow by. Adrienne Young - time travel, timeless love, mystery, magical realismI love this author’s books and so far only read fantasy from her. This one was different but I enjoyed the mystery and putting all the pieces together. I may not have followed how all the time jump works but what made me love this book was the emotions it made me feel. I’m glad I finally read this one!

**********
⭐️⭐️⭐️💫 - 3.5 Stars Reads


Happily Never After by. Lynn Painter - wedding objectors, situationship, cute roommates. I thought this one had a fun premise and two characters that really got into the “objector” role. It never gets deep I think which works for Sophie and Max since they weren’t looking to fall in love but with all the time they spent together getting to know one another it seems inevitable, they just have to stop fighting it. The banter between them was fun and easy. I had my issues here and there but it’s a super quick read and Sophie’s roommates were such fun characters! Overall, it was good – I can see this as a rom-com movie.


The Dixon Rule by. Elle Kennedy - new adult, frenemies, college, hockey romance, series, kinky. I liked this one better than The Graham Effect except for that one scene that I wish I could have closed my eyes on lol. For the readers who like kinky sex, you’ll love this one. I usually like angst between two people but Diana and Shane didn’t need it. I love how they are enemies or maybe more frenenemies turned into lovers. Their romance progression was fun and they were both funny together. Like I really believe they are the most solid couple after everything they went through together and know they’ll be together forever. I just wish the books weren’t so long and things get thrown in at the end making some things feel rushed. I’m afraid to read Beckett or Will’s book because it’s definitely going to be kinkier and I can’t with the friends watching one another having sex.😅 So we will see if I read the next book in the series, depends who it will be about!

**********

⭐️⭐️⭐️ - 3 Star Reads



This Summer Will Be Different by. Carley Fortune - summer romance. I think I wanted more depth to this story. It was just okay for me but I think I will try her most popular book to see if she’s an author I’ll continue to read because I did like some elements of the story. Maybe I just went in with high expectations.

**********

Have you read any of these or plan to?


No comments:

Post a Comment