Friday, August 16, 2024

Mini Book Reviews 8/16/24

 Hi everyone so here are some mini reviews for books I've read recently:


These books are arcs and will be released as stated.



Guava and Grudges by. Alexis Castellanos - ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫

Release Date: 9/3/24

This one is a cute read with two rival families and star-crossed lovers.  Ana Maria (Amy) has a lot on her plate.  Her parents are pressuring her to go to college and take over the family business, a bakery that serves Cuban delicacies but she wants to go to Le Cordon Bleu instead.  She just doesn't know how to tell them that but in the meantime she's trying to compete for some college money and also she's falling for Miguel who is part of a family that her dad hates.  I think teens would relate to this one and the romance is sweet. I also really enjoyed all the mentions of Cuban foods! 

**********


The Blood Orchid by. Kylie Lee Baker - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Release Date: 10/22/24

This is the sequel and conclusion to The Scarlet Alchemist and I love the humor and action!  I felt as immersed in this world as I was when I read the first book.  The magic (alchemy) literally continues in this book.  There is less romance because Hong is in the in-between, but I loved the relationship between Zilan and her brother Wenshu.  Her bond to her family was something I loved in book one and we get more of it in this sequel.  I think the ending is bittersweet, but I love this duology!





No comments:

Post a Comment