Thursday, August 8, 2024

Mini Book Reviews 8/8/24

 Hi friends!  Here are two books I read this past week and a mini review of each:



Nothing Like the Movies by. Lynn Painter - ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Release Date: 9/24/24

Book review: 

I LOVED the first book in this series, Better Than the Movies and honestly it was perfect as a standalone.  I didn't expect a sequel!  But I got the arc for this book and read it and I stick with my previous assessment and say this sequel wasn't needed.  In Nothing Like the Movies, our favorite couple Wes and Liz are broken up.  Liz is thriving after the heartbreak of losing Wes.  But Wes, man, he went through so much in this book and I just felt sad for him.  They eventually get back together but I miss the magic they had in the first book.  

***********


Happy Medium by. Sarah Adler - ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫

Book Review:

A con woman, a goat farmer and a ghost?  This was such a quirky, funny rom-com! I loved Gretchen's relationship with the farm ghost, Everett, who is Charlie's ancestor.  They made me laugh with their antics!  As for Gretchen and Charlie's romance, he calls her out on her con-woman past and she eventually lets down her guard. It was nice seeing Gretchen open up and let people in!  Overall, this was a fun book.

************

What have you read lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment